Note that most of the materials referenced on this website are in French, but these days there are really powerful, and easy-to-use translation tools available on the web, including Google Translate or even some French-English dictionaries.
Using the materials referenced on or linked from this website, answer the following question in a one-page paper:
Citing specific evidence, during World War II how did the experiences of African Americans in the US army resemble those of the tirailleurs Sénégalais in the French army?
Your paper must follow the following format:
- must have brief introduction and conclusion paragraphs (each not to exceed three lines); the introduction must directly respond to the assignment question and identify your analysis/thesis points.
- font size 10 or 12 only
- one-inch margins
- page number citations for your quoted evidence
- name, and only your name, at the top left of the paper
- not to exceed one (1) page
- You may consider submitting a draft of your assignment to your instructor for feedback before submitting the assignment for the grade. At times, you may be asked to rewrite your essay. This is done for your own benefit and will result in an improved grade.
You should submit assignment through Canvas.
Please take a moment to review Charlie's History Writing Center for specific information on the writing requirements for the assignments in the course.