Note that most of the materials referenced on this website are in French, but these days there are really powerful, and easy-to-use translation tools available on the web, including Google Translate or even some French-English dictionaries.
Using the materials referenced on or linked from this website, answer the following question in a one-page paper:
Citing specific evidence, during World War II how did the experiences of African Americans in the US army resemble those of the tirailleurs Sénégalais in the French army?
Your paper must follow the following format:
- typed (font size 10 or 12 only)
- one-inch margins
- parenthetical citations for your quoted evidence
- not to exceed one (1) page
- name, date and course at the top left
- must have a brief introduction and conclusion (each not to exceed two sentences)
- You may consider submitting drafts of your assignment to your instructor for feedback before submitting the assignment for a grade. Please send some specific questions that you would like answered about your draft. The questions can be general (Is my introduction clear?) or specific (Is the phrase, "Chardin was jeweller," written correctly?). You can send in multiple drafts (within reason) of an assignment before you submit for a grade.
- At times, you may be asked to rewrite your essay before it is graded. This is done for your own benefit and will result in an improved grade.
You should submit assignment through Blackboard according to the Using Email in Your ELI History Course instructions.
Please take a moment to review Charlie's History Writing Center for specific information on the writing requirements for the assignments in the course.